The Board of Administrators is the executive body appointed by the Board of Directors. It is currently made up of:
President – José Jorge Letria
Administrators – Tózé Brito, Pedro Campos and Paula Cunha
Phone: +351 21 359 44 09
Fax: +351 21 315 72 36
Administrator Dra. Paula Cunha
– Ensuring the follow-up of the “Big Operators” area in conjunction with other departments, as well as regularly promoting the search for new sources of revenue;
– Ensuring collections control and the performance of all of SPA’s Accounting Section and Cashier’s Office tasks.
DINSD is responsible for ensuring the proper operation of the different parts of the society’s IT system, namely:
– Preparing and coordinating SPA’s participation in international meetings;
– Drawing up the replies to international questionnaires in close collaboration with the different departments;
– Coordinating SPA’s participation in international festivals and exhibitions;
– Assessing the opportunity to sign reciprocal representation agreements with sister societies.
Administrator Dra. Paula Cunha
DEJUR is responsible for:
– Following up all legal actions, as well as ensuring a timely response to the clarification requests submitted to courts;
– Drawing up responses to inquiries and issuing opinions on copyright issues;
– Ensuring the claim and negotiation of payments due to SPA, as well as drawing up and monitoring the settlement agreements, and monitoring tax and judicial liens against authors represented by SPA.
DEAPA is responsible for:
– Providing information about SPA’s nature and operation, its bylaws, purpose, admission requirements for beneficiary members or their upgrade to full members and applications for inheritance, full membership advantages, account reports; providing and receiving the application forms and documents/fees that are necessary for the admission of new members;
– Providing all the documents that are relevant for SPA’s operation, namely the Copyright Royalties Allocation Regulation and Distribution Schedule;
– Issuing copyright royalties’ payment authorizations, in accordance with the schedule that has been determined;
– Making sure that all queries are forwarded to the different internal departments, in accordance with the respective topic;
– Granting licenses to users who intend to use literary-musical works that are represented by SPA or its sister societies online, namely on videos, websites, among others;
– Setting the terms for the use of the repertoire;
– Making contact with the rights users;
– Obtaining the list of performed works from the users;
– Promoting or following up external training activities that are deemed convenient for the promotion of copyright.
The Operations Dept. (DEDIG) is responsible for managing all operations related to repertoire registration, users control, matching and the distribution of all royalties collected for all types of uses and exploitations foreseen in SPA’s activity as a copyright management organization. The Documentation Dept. and Distribution Dept. are the main areas which compose DEDIG.
The Human Resources, Training and Worker Support Department is responsible for:
The Logistics and Property Department is responsible for:
– Requesting quotes and inviting bids, as well as ensuring the purchase and distribution of office supplies;
– Handling and recording the general correspondence and providing translation services;
– Arranging maintenance and repair works of the society’s facilities;
– Ensuring the management of telecommunications and security, as well as of the Cooperative’s car fleet.